(Redirected from Purchasing Materials)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Spending your Project Budget
- Before anything is bought by your team, a PM or TA must approve it.
- When reviewing BOMs always check for:
- Complete list of parts, this should be representative of the designs and include fasteners and wire and everything else.
- Shipping and tax costs, duties can be expensive so try to buy things from Canada.
- If a cheaper or better alternative exists.
- If a cheaper supplier exists.
- When looking for places to find parts, here is the order of places to look:
- In the Makerlab, there is an inventory (cost included in BOM).
- In the Makerstore (cost included in BOM).
- Online or local stores, some common places are below.
Online and Local Stores
- Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/
- Science store (local- in STEM!) https://science.uottawa.ca/en/faculty-services/store
- SDP/SI https://www.sdp-si.com/
- Spaenaur (Canada) https://spaenaur.com/
- McMaster-Carr (US) https://www.mcmaster.com/
- Hardware stores (local) home hardware, home depot, rona
- Metal Pros (local) http://www.metalpros.com/
- MetalMart (local) https://www.metalmart.ca/
- Digikey https://www.digikey.ca/
- Robotshop https://www.robotshop.com/ca/
- Great Hobbies https://www.greathobbies.com/
- Sparkfun https://www.sparkfun.com/
Active tech electronics(Merged with Gervais)
- Gervais electronics (local) http://www.gervaiselectronics.ca/
- A2D electronics (local) https://a2delectronics.ca/
- Electronics shop (local- in STEM!) https://science.uottawa.ca/en/faculty-services/electronics-shop (they don't have an inventory on the website but if you go see them they have things they can give you)